(Originally posted to Livejournal: June 11th, 2002)
Years are like months, weeks are like days, hours are like seconds. Time swirls around me, eternally flowing into the present. The past no longer exists. It's legacy: hazy, indistinct, half-remembered fragments of dreams which slowly move past the horizon of consciousness. Everything I've ever known, at least in the sense that I knew it, is dead. My entire lifetime is a graveyard... Played out, marked down, done. All that remain are ghosts that exist soley in the mind. An ocean of recorded moments; memories as countless as stars. I turn over and examine each one like an old toy, a forgotten relic. These things happened yesterday, happen now, will happen always. The past is contained within the present. It is contained within myself. Every second I live a lifetime, every second I die.
I just wish something would last.
I want to freeze time for all eternity on a single beautiful moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment