Dreams of stacking paper
Like a house of cards
So much I built it up just to have it fall
But without you, it's really nothing at all
Just a flash in the pan
Like smoke in the wind
I'm choking
Feel like I'm losing focus again
Hoping I've awoken
Or maybe I'll awaken
Or maybe it was fake
And maybe I was mistaken
Maybe I never lost it
Or maybe I never had it
And every time I get a grip
It slips away when I grab it
Try to find a stable haven
In the stark ravin' madness
Cause you know it's true that
The world's full of sadness
You can do the mathematics
But it won't ever add up
And in the end, tell me
What does it all really matter?
Forever hear the clatter
Of dreams being shattered
Or bear the silent screams
Of the bruised and the battered
Cleaning up the mess
Of the depressed is an
Obsession that's endless
And nowhere in that race
Can you ever really get rest
I just want to stay true
And do my best with
What I was blessed with
And I ain't gonna stress...
So fuck all the rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment